Supplier Training Programme
What is the purpose of BCI’s Supplier Training?
BCI’s Supplier Training Programme (STP) is designed to help suppliers better understand BCI’s mission and learn about the Better Cotton Chain of Custody Guidelines (mass-balance administration) as well as the Better Cotton Platform.
Who should attend?
Suppliers sourcing Better Cotton and who are new to the world of BCI are encouraged to attend, as well as those companies who are interested in joining BCI. End-product manufacturers, fabric mills and spinners are ideal candidates.
Where are the trainings held?
STPs are held via online webinars. These webinars last for around 1.5 hours, including a Q&A session. The webinars are delivered on a monthly basis and held in English, Turkish, Portuguese, Hindi and Mandarin. All STPs for 2020 have been added to our events calendar on our website. Please click here to view the events and register.
Desired outcomes for suppliers
Suppliers will gain the technical knowledge to start sourcing Better Cotton, including:
- Better Cotton Chain of Custody requirements
- Understanding mass-balance administration
- Using the online Better Cotton Platform (documentation and reporting requirements)
Supplier Training FAQ
How can I register and attend the webinar?
Follow the instructions below:
- Click here to find the list of all upcoming webinars
- Once you find the one you would like to attend click on the “click here to register” button
- Enter the required information and click on the “register” button
- After your registration, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with a link to join the webinar. Please save these details to your personal calendar.
- When the training webinar date and time arrives, please use the link provided to access the webinar.
- After you click the link you may see the following message “The meeting will begin when the organiser arrives”, please wait until the organiser starts to broadcast.
*You may be prompted to download an application called GotoWebinar, please go ahead, it is a safe software.
How many suppliers can attend a single training?
Our system can hold up to 500 attendees and there is no limitation on the number of people who can join from the same company.
Who should attend the training representing the company?
The person responsible for using and/or managing the Better Cotton Platform should join these trainings. Remember that it is your responsibility to do the procurement of Better Cotton-related raw materials and pass the Better Cotton Claims Units (BCCUs) accordingly as you receive orders. Therefore, it is essential that the right staff from your company are trained. You may join as many times as you wish.