Who are the BCI Council?
The Council is an elected board whose role it is to ensure that BCI has a clear strategic direction and adequate policy to successfully fulfil its mission. Council Members are organisations representing the different membership categories.
How is the Council formed?
The General Assembly, consisting of all BCI Members, is the ultimate authority of BCI and elects a Council to represent it. Positions are open to all members (except Associate Members). Each membership category has three seats, for a total of 12 seats. Once elected, the Council has the option to appoint up to three additional Independent Council Members.
The Council currently includes the following member organisations:
- Solidaridad (until 2022): Isabelle Roger – Secretary
- PAN UK (until 2024): Keith Tyrell
Retailers & Brands
- Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) (until 2022): Harsha Vardhan
- Levi Strauss & Co (until 2022): Jeffrey Hogue
- Adidas (until 2024): Ebru Gencoglu
Suppliers & Manufacturers
- Basil Commodities Pvt. Ltd. (until 2022): Pathik Patel
- Anandi (until 2024): R S Baalagurunathan
- Louis Dreyfus Company (until 2024): Pierre Chehab