Turkiye Field Trip, sponsored by Calik Cotton, Calik Denim and Gap Pazarlama
October 4, 2023 - October 6, 2023
Join us for a fantastic journey into the world of cotton production in Turkiye.
On October 4-6, 2023, join us for a field trip to the Turkish provinces of Şanlıurfa and Malatya, sponsored by Calik Cotton, Calik Denim and Gap Pazarlama. The trip will give you the opportunity to explore cotton production, ginning & supply chain activities, and the implementation of the Better Cotton Standard in Turkiye.
This event is free for Members, with lunch, dinner, and local transportation provided. Attendees are responsible for their travel and accommodation in Sanlıurfa and Malatya.
Spaces are limited, so register now to secure your participation now. To read about a similar trip we organised to Şanlıurfa with Retail and Brand Members in 2022, click here.
Wednesday 4 October, 2023 / Şanlıurfa
- Farmer visits (x2)
- Akkucak ginner visit
- 19:00 - Dinner
Thursday 5 October, 2023 / Sanliurfa
- 12:00 - Meet at lobby
- 13:00-16:30 - Transport to World Cotton Day celebrations
- Venue: RTS Tarım – Ulubağ, Mardin Yolu 6.Km Merkez/Şanlıurfa
13:00–13:40 Opening Speeches
- Mr. Mehmet Fatih Kacır, T.R. Minister of Industry and Technology (TBC)
- Mr. Hasan Şıldak, T.R. Governor of Şanlıurfa (TBC)
- Mr. Hasan Maral, GAP RDA President
- Mr. Louisa Vinton, UNDP Türkiye Resident Representative
13:40-13:50 Integrated Resource Efficiency Short Film Screening
- Good Cotton Project Short Film Screening
13:50-14:50 Panel 1
- Developments regarding Cotton in Turkey and the GAP Region
- Mr. Başak Egesel, Republic of Turkey Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Head of Good
- Agricultural Practices and Organic Agriculture Department (TBC)
- Mr. Fuat Tanman, İPUD, Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Mr. İhsan Ateş, Defacto CEO (TBC)
- Mr. Prof. Gökhan Özertan, Member & Lecturer Boğaziçi University Department of Economics
14:50-15:00 Coffee Break
15:00-16:00 Panel 2
- Sharing Experience on Good Cotton Practices
- GAP-UNDP Project Agricultural Engineers ( 2 )
- Good Cotton Project Farmers ( 2 )
- Good Cotton Project Ginning Enterprises ( 1 )
16:00-16:30 Cocktail – Harvest Experience – Closing
19.00 Dinner- Traditional Sıra Night (TBC)
Friday 6 October, 2023 / Malatya
- Traveling from Şanlıurfa to Malatya (4.5 hours)
- Calik Denim Factory Visit
- Transport to Malatya airport
Please note, this event is for Better Cotton Retailer and Brand Members only. Maximum attendance of 2 persons per companies allowed.
Attendees must arrange their own flights to Sanliurfa GAP Airport for arrival and from Malatya Airport (MLX) for departure.
Attendees must arrive at Sanliurfa a day before the trip. All lodging reservations are the responsibility of the participant, including any necessary cancellations.
We recommend the entire team stay at the Double Tree by Hilton. If you would like to stay in discounted rooms, please let us know and we will share the reservation link for you to pay & reserve.