Mainstreaming Climate-Smart Agricultural Practices
December 10, 2023
9:45 - 10:45 (+04)
The 28th session of the UN Climate Change Conference of Parties (COP28) will convene from 30 November to 12 December 2023 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE). Better Cotton is thrilled to be part of The Standards Pavilion by ISO and host a side-event on sustainable agriculture and ways to drive the adoption of climate-smart practices in global value chains.
These practices can support farmers around the world to improve their climate resilience and enhance their livelihoods, while enabling a transition to farming systems that produce sustainable crops. As the world’s largest cotton sustainability programme, reaching more than 2.8 million cotton farmers in 22 countries, Better Cotton is uniquely positioned to address these challenges.
The session aims to:
- Increase awareness of sustainable agriculture as a robust climate crisis solution
- Identify new partners to drive the adoption of climate-smart practices
- Rebecca Owen, Director of Development, Better Cotton (Moderator)
- Sarah Leugers, Chief Growth Officer, Gold Standard
- Hannah Pathak, International Managing Director, Forum for the Future
- José Alcorta, Head of Standards, ISO
If you are attending COP28 and would like to find out more, please contact Lisa Ventura, Public Affairs Manager at Better Cotton: [email protected]