Last month, the Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) launched its new Chain of Custody Advisory Group.
The purpose of the new Advisory Group is to provide advice on the development of the Better Cotton Chain of Custody – the key framework that connects demand with supply of Better Cotton and helps to incentivise cotton farmers to adopt more sustainable practices.
Consisting of BCI Members and non-members, the Advisory Group will ensure any new Chain of Custody developments are commercially relevant, feasible and attractive to BCI’s multi-stakeholder membership.
Chain of Custody Advisory Group Members
Retailers and Brands
- Karen Perry | John Lewis & Partners
- Ethan Barr | Target
- Syed Rizwan Vajahat | IKEA
- German Garcia | Inditex
Suppliers, Manufacturers and Traders
- Philippe Saner | Paul Reinhart AG
- Besim Ozek | Bossa Sanayi ve Ticaret Isletmeleri TAS
- Fawzia Yasmeen | Pahartali Textile and Hosiery Mills
- Todd Straley | Quarterway Cotton Growers
- Melissa Ho & Anis Ragland | WWF
- Aminah Ang | RSPO
- Chuck Rogers | Bureau Veritas Consumer Product Services
Though it is not a decision-making body, the group will provide strategic advice to the BCI Membership and Supply Chain Team and allow for more focused discussions on the Better Cotton Chain of Custody.
“It is such a diverse group, and members have a wide range of expertise and experience. We are excited to work together to help shape the future of the Better Cotton Chain of Custody.” – Joyce Lam, Supply Chain Integrity Manager, BCI.
Find out more about the Better Cotton Chain of Custody.