Principles and Criteria
The Better Cotton Principles and Criteria lay out the global definition of Better Cotton, by upholding the following seven principles:
- BCI Farmers minimise the harmful impact of crop protection practices
- BCI Farmers promote water stewardship
- BCI Farmers care for the health of the soil
- BCI Farmers enhance biodiversity and use land responsibly
- BCI Farmers care for and preserve fibre quality
- BCI Farmers promote decent work
- BCI Farmers operate an effective management system
By adhering to these principles, BCI Farmers produce cotton in a in a way that is measurably better for the environment and farming communities.
For any enquiries, or to request hard copies of standard related materials, please get in touch with us via our contact form.
Key Principles and Criteria Documents
Additional Principles and Criteria Documents
Revision of the Principles and Criteria