Please use the links below to read research conducted by both BCI and external parties exploring the potential and real impact of Better Cotton as support continues to grow worldwide. While these reports show that Better Cotton is linked to positive change, BCI will be carrying out further studies in the future as more and more quantitative and qualitative data is collected each year, to evidence of the real impact of Better Cotton.
- Better Cotton and Decent Work in India, Mali, and Pakistan: executive summary of the report produced by Ergon Associates, October 2013.
- Better Management Practices in cotton production: report funded by Marks & Spencer/BCI and produced by CABI, focusing on Brazil, India, Pakistan, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Mali Senegal & Togo, April 2009.
- Promoting ‘Decent Work’ in agriculture: review of global activities funded by Marks & Spencer/BCI and produced by Ergon Associates, April 2009.
- Promoting access to finance in smallholder agriculture: review of global activities produced by Ergon Associates, April 2009.
- Promotion Practices Review on Decent Work and Access to Finance (India, Pakistan, Brazil, West and Central Africa): (zip file download) review of global activities produced by Ergon Associates, 2008.
- Social & labour issues in global cotton cultivation: desk based research produced by Ergon Associates for the BCI Steering Committee, October 2006.