We are very pleased to announce we have published the BCI 2013 Annual Report. This is the first of two reporting stages in 2013, in which you will find the latest updates on global numbers, membership and partnership activities, reviews of our organisational aims, and our financial statements. Highlights from 2013:
- 300,000 farmers in 8 countries received training on Better Cotton production principles
- 810,000 metric tonnes of Better Cotton was licensed
- The number of BCI member organisations doubled to 313
- A new Assurance Program was launched
- Strategic partnerships were made with the Cotton made in Africa (CmiA) program and the ABR standard in Brazil, meaning that both CmiA and ABR cotton can be sold as Better Cotton.
We’re really proud of everything we achieved so far in 2013. We’ll hopefully have a lot more to celebrate when we release our 2013 Harvest Report (containing the data from the field), in September. If you wish to read more, you can go to our Annual Reports page by clicking here.